Columbia Country Club was established in 1921 and was the first private golf club in Columbia. The historic club is located in the heart of Columbia and sits on 120 acres. The original nine holes were designed by J.M Watson in 1921, while the back nine was designed by Larry Packard in 1987. In 2012 and 2013, Fry/Straka Global Golf Course Design oversaw a golf course renovation that included ten holes rebuilt or rerouted, and the remaining eight holes and practice facility renovated. The classic layout meanders through heavily-wooded countryside along Hinkson Creek.
In addition to the 18-hole golf course, Columbia Country Club features a beautiful clubhouse with fine dining in the McAlester Dining Room as well as casual dining in the Fireside Bar and Grill and the Main Bar. The club also includes a junior Olympic-size swimming pool with sundeck and family water feature as well as an event lawn for weddings and parties.