Regional Qualifier Format
The event format is a two-person modified best ball (shamble). Each player hits a tee-shot, the team selects the best tee-shot and each player plays their own ball from that point until it is holed. The lower of the two scores is the team score for the hole.
There will be a Gross and Net Division at each Regional Qualifier. Teams will not be required to declare which of the two divisions they would like to compete in upon registration. Each team participant must provide a verifiable handicap, if applicable. The Handicap Index will be used to calculate the course handicap where 50% will be used for players to determine the lowest Net score.
The lowest Gross and Net scores of the entire field at all regional events will qualify for the 2022 Troon Challenge National Finals!
Regional Team Entry Fee Includes
- 18 holes with cart
- Practice balls prior to play
- Callaway golf balls
- Official AHEAD Troon Challenge hat
- Live scoring powered by Golf Genius
- Yardage guide, divot repair tool, bag tag (where available)
- On-course contests (longest drive, putt & closest to the pin)
- $10 prize fund per player
- Troon Rewards points for entry fee
- Teams can be comprised of two men, two women, or one man/one woman
- Teams may enter multiple Regional Qualifier events to try to qualify for the Finals
- Men will play approximate yardage of 6,500 – 6,800 yards
- Women will play approximate yardage of 5,100 – 5,400 yards
- Please note that The Troon Challenge is for amateurs only. All PGA Members and PGA Associates, LPGA members or other golf professionals are not eligible to participate.
- Troon Associates are not eligible to play.