Fort Myers, Fla. (March 3, 2021) – Colonial Country Club in Fort Myers, Fla. recently unveiled its newly renovated clubhouse with a ribbon cutting ceremony and restaurant grand opening. The $6.5 million dollar project began in April 2020 and focused on expanding the functionality of the clubhouse, creating more flexible open space and elevating the member dining experience. Naples, Florida-based MHK Architecture and Planning was the architect for the project, Clive Daniel was the interior design firm, while Wright Construction Group of Fort Myers was the contractor. In addition, RealFood Hospitality, Strategy and Design, a division of Troon, was instrumental in the design of the new kitchen and restaurant layout.
Highlights of the newly renovated clubhouse include:
- A refresh of the external and internal appearance of the 16 year-old facility
- Addition of 1,800 square feet of internal dining space, creating additional capacity
- 1,500 square feet of external dining space was added and provides beautiful views of the golf course
- Complete roof replacement
- The new design gives the feeling of bringing the outside in
- The new Sunset Grille bar opens to the Ballroom
- New indoor/outdoor bar and dining areas were created with the addition of Nana Walls to provide flexibility to dine al fresco or indoors
- Additional breakout rooms/event space and a new media room were also added
- The kitchen doubled in size and layout to expand storage and productivity
- A new employee breakroom was also added, and administrative offices were refreshed
- Interior décor was updated to create a fresh new look and create a better member experience
- The member relations area was expanded at the front entrance of the clubhouse to provide a warm welcome to members
“After five years of planning and nearly a year of construction, we are thrilled to finally unveil our new clubhouse at Colonial,” said Jim Karafa, General Manager, Colonial Country Club. “The new building is welcoming, multi-functional and beautiful. Hats off to our members for their incredible input, and to MHK Architects and Clive Daniel for making their dreams a reality. And, special thanks to Bill Mihm of Raymond James Financial for his assistance with the project.”
Colonial’s clubhouse originally opened in 2004. In 2014, the clubhouse underwent a refresh aimed at enhancing and updating the overall look. In 2015, an exterior, open-air patio area was added to the clubhouse to enhance member events, weddings and casual dining.
Colonial Country Club is a full-service club and gated bundled community in Southwest Florida. The club’s 18-hole golf course was designed by Gordon Lewis and is supported by an award-winning Golf Shop while the tennis program features eight Har-Tru tennis courts, eight pickle ball courts, two bocce courts and a full-service Tennis Shop. Colonial Country Club members also enjoy 2 resort-quality swimming pool and Jacuzzis, large deck areas for sunning and lounging, a poolside snack bar, and an indoor fitness and community center with state-of-the-art equipment, aerobics room, private massage rooms, a meeting room, book exchange library and a business center.
For more information on Colonial Country Club, visit www.colonialgolfclub.com or call (239) 768-9421.
Colonial Country Club is managed by Troon Privé, the private club operating division of Troon. Headquartered in Scottsdale, Ariz., Troon is the world’s largest golf management company providing services at 585-plus locations around the globe, including managing 630-plus 18-hole equivalent golf courses. In addition to golf, Troon specializes in homeowner association management, private residence clubs, estate management and associated hospitality venues. Troon’s award-winning food and beverage division operates and manages more than 620-plus food and beverage operations located at golf resorts, private clubs, daily fee golf courses and recreational facilities. With properties located in 45-plus states and 30-plus countries, Troon’s family of brands includes Troon Golf, Troon Privé, Troon International, Honours Golf, OB Sports, Indigo Golf Partners, CADDIEMASTER, True Club Solutions, Cliff Drysdale Tennis and RealFood Hospitality, Strategy and Design. Troon-affiliated properties include Princeville Makai Golf Club on Kauai; Champion Hills in Hendersonville, North Carolina; Ocean Club in Paradise Island, Bahamas; and Vattanac Golf Resort in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. For additional news and information, visit www.Troon.com, or connect with Troon on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Troon Chronicles, Press Room, or subscribe to Troon Magazine.