Mauna Lani Resort And Visitors Bureau Reminds Travelers – Hawaii Is Open For Business
As news of Hawaii’s Kilauea Volcano continues to make headlines, Mauna Lani Resort, located on the northwest side of the island far from the Kilauea, reminds golfers and visitors that now is actually a great time to visit the island paradise.
“First and foremost, our hearts go out to those affected by the Kilauea Volcano activity. It’s important to remember that the Kohala Coast and Mauna Lani Resort are more than 75 miles away from the volcanic activity being reported on the news,” said Scott Christenson, director of golf, Mauna Lani Resort. “Many of the island’s most popular resorts and golf courses are all located on the northwest side of the island, while Kilauea is located on the far-east side. If you’ve ever considered a trip to Hawaii, don’t be deterred, now is a great time to visit.”
The Island of Hawaii Visitors Bureau released a “What You Need To Know” document for travelers, which includes the following information:
- There is absolutely no reason at this time for travelers to change or alter their leisure or business plans.
- Most of the Hawaiian Islands are unaffected by Kilauea Volcano except a remote area on the island of Hawaii’s east side. Out of the island’s 4,028 square miles, less than a 10-square-mile area is affected.
- Air Access: All flights into the Ellison Onizuka Kona International Airport and Hilo International Airport are operating normally.
- Accommodations and Activities: All accommodations, activities and attractions on the island are also operating normally, with the exception of those in the area affected by the lava activity.
- Air Quality: As reported by the Honolulu Star Advertiser on May 31, 2018, “While there had been recent reports of air quality concerns in the town of Kailua-Kona, air quality along the Kohala Coast has been considered good.”
Mauna Lani Resort, home to the award-winning Francis H. I‘i Brown North and South Golf Courses, recently unveiled a new Troon Golf Experience Stay & Play package to help entice golfers to visit this summer. Mauna Lani Resort’s Troon Golf Experience Stay & Play Package includes:
- Four rounds of golf per four-night stay
- Daily breakfast for two at the hotels Bay Terrace Restaurant
- Elegantly appointed accommodations with Garden View, Deluxe Ocean View and Ocean Front rooms available
- Minimum stay 4 nights
- For travel through 09/30/18
The Troon Golf Experience Package cannot be combined with other promotional rates, discounts or special offers. For more information on the Mauna Lani Troon Golf Experience Package, visit www.maunalanigolf.com/packages or call 808-885-6655 and reference code TRGOLF.