THE FOUNTAINGROVE CLUB RECOGNIZED AS A “DISTINGUISHED CLUB” BY BOARDROOM MAGAZINE FOR THIRD CONSECUTIVE YEAR
Santa Rosa, Calif. (February 9, 2021) – For the third consecutive year The Fountaingrove Club in Santa Rosa, Calif. has been recognized by BoardRoom magazine, the official publication of the Association of Private Club Directors, as a Distinguished Club. The publication’s prestigious annual award program uses a club-specific rating system that recognizes the club, its management, and its staff based on a proprietary criteria and evaluation process that distills and measures a club’s Member Experience.
“We’d like to congratulate The Fountaingrove Club for earning Distinguished Club status for the third straight year,” said John Fornaro, Publisher of BoardRoom magazine, “Special recognition also goes out to The Fountaingrove Club’s General Manager, Russ Bond, as well as the club’s board of directors, its department heads, and entire staff for their efforts in providing an excellent member experience.”
The Distinguished Clubs award program is a stepped process that can be summarized as follows:
- Committee Nomination: In order for a club to participate in the Distinguished Clubs award program, it must first be officially nominated by the Distinguished Clubs Nomination Committee, a diverse group comprised of some of the most highly regarded leaders in the private club industry.
- Site Visit: An in-person site visit is conducted to evaluate and compile the many contributing facets of each “Quality Criteria” that collectively comprise a club’s overall Member Experience.
- Formulaic Audit: Based on the compiled site-visit data, Distinguished Clubs personnel applies the proprietary formula to distill and quantify the club’s unique Member Experience quotient.
- Report: A confidential Evaluation Report is issued to the club’s general manager.
- Award & Recognition: If the Distinguished Clubs’ formulaic audit verifies that the club is delivering Member Experience at the highest level, Distinguished Club status is awarded, along with individual department leadership recognition.
- Yearly Verification: Alternating year-to-year onsite survey visits and telephone-based interviews with club management are required to maintain Distinguished Club status.
Located in the hills northeast of Santa Rosa, The Fountaingrove Club is in the midst of building a new $16.5 million clubhouse. The 22,100 square-foot building replaces the club’s former clubhouse that was destroyed by the Tubbs Fire in October 2017 and is expected to be completed by this fall. While the new clubhouse is being built, the club’s 10,000 square-foot Athletic Center is the hub for club and community activities. Members enjoy club dining options in an array of settings with wood-fire pizza ovens and portable culinary facilities providing members with fresh, local cuisine in a variety of locations, including on the practice range, next to the pool or in the Athletic Center.
Managed by Troon Privé, the private club operations division of Troon, The Fountaingrove Club features a beautiful Ted Robinson Sr.-designed golf course that boasts spectacular views of the Hood and Taylor Mountains as well as the rolling hills of Santa Rosa Valley. As part of the expansive Athletic Center complex, there are five tennis courts and a 25-yard infinity swimming pool. Members also enjoy an impressive array of fitness opportunities including martial arts, yoga, aquatics, personal training, spin and strength training.
For more information on The Fountaingrove Club, visit www.thefountaingrove.club.
About The Fountaingrove Club
The Fountaingrove Club is a proud BoardRoom magazine Distinguished Club. As Sonoma County’s only member-owned, 18-hole, private facility, we offer first-class services in all of our outstanding amenities. Members receive access to our picturesque golf course, state-of-the-art fitness facilities and award-winning dining program.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Ariz., Troon is the world’s largest golf management company providing services at 585-plus locations around the globe, including managing 630-plus 18-hole equivalent golf courses. In addition to golf, Troon specializes in homeowner association management, private residence clubs, estate management and associated hospitality venues. Troon’s award-winning food and beverage division operates and manages more than 620-plus food and beverage operations located at golf resorts, private clubs, daily fee golf courses and recreational facilities. With properties located in 45-plus states and 30-plus countries, Troon’s family of brands includes Troon Golf, Troon Privé, Troon International, Honours Golf, OB Sports, Indigo Golf Partners, CADDIEMASTER, True Club Solutions, Cliff Drysdale Tennis and RealFood Hospitality, Strategy and Design. Troon-affiliated properties include Princeville Makai Golf Club on Kauai; Champion Hills in Hendersonville, North Carolina; Ocean Club in Paradise Island, Bahamas; and Vattanac Golf Resort in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. For additional news and information, visit www.Troon.com, or connect with Troon on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Troon Chronicles, Press Room, or subscribe to Troon Magazine.