Scottsdale, Ariz. (September 30, 2021) – In an effort to raise awareness about breast cancer prevention/screening exams and to raise funds for breast cancer research, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month at Troon®-affiliated facilities around the world. Throughout the month, Troon-affiliated golf properties will be flying pink checkered flags on their 18th greens to help raise awareness about breast cancer and will have various fundraising events to support PLAY for P.I.N.K.®, a national charity funding breast cancer research.
To help raise funds for breast cancer research, participating courses will hold Play for P.I.N.K. fundraising events, including Par 3 Challenges, Play for P.I.N.K. golf tournaments and golf clinics, and designate Play for P.I.N.K. tee times in which a portion of the green fee will be donated to Play for P.I.N.K. PLAY for P.I.N.K. (Prevention, Immediate diagnosis, New technology, Knowledge) supports a nationwide network of volunteers who raise money for breast cancer research through sporting and lifestyle events to speed advances in prevention, detection, treatment and survivorship. Play for P.I.N.K. donates 100% of its proceeds to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
Throughout the month of October, Troon-managed facilities will host golf clinics, virtual events, and fun playing opportunities. Examples of Play for P.I.N.K. fundraising events around the globe include:
- Monarch Beach Golf Links in Dana Point, Calif. will have pink flags on select holes across the golf course, staff members will be wearing breast cancer awareness pins and guests can purchase $10 raffle tickets to win a free twosome at Monarch Beach with 100% of the raffle proceeds donated to Play for P.I.N.K. In addition, Monarch Beach will be hosting a social media contest on Hole 3 (Ocean hole) giving away a twosome to a lucky winner who posts from that hole with the pink flag in the photo and tagging @monarchbeachgolflinks and @playforpink.
- Finkbine Golf Course in Iowa City, Iowa will be selling special pink Hawkeye golf flags for $30 each in the golf shop with 100% of the proceeds donated to Play for P.I.N.K.
- Princeville Makai Golf Club in Kauai, Hawaii will be having Play for P.I.N.K. Golf Clinics on Wednesdays throughout October. Clinics will cover putting, chipping and putting, iron play, and driving, and will cost $30 per 45-minute session, with $5 from every participant donated to Play for P.I.N.K.
- The Els Club Desaru Coast in Johor, Malaysia will have various charitable activities including RM5 (Malaysian ringgit) of every green fee paid will be donated to the cancer charity fund; 50% of tournament entry fees will be donated to the National Cancer Society of Malaysia (NCSM); a charity box will be in the golf shop for golfers to donate; Breast Cancer Awareness Pink T-Shirts are available for sale at RM35 a piece, with RM5 donated to NSCM; dining specials include Pink Apple Pie and Pink smoothie for dessert at RM10++; and associates of the Els Club Desaru Coast will be wearing Pink Ribbons.
- Contra Costa Country Club in Pleasant Hill, Calif. had a Play for P.I.N.K. golf tournament on September 28th and raised $13,000 for the cause.
- The following courses and clubs will have Play for P.I.N.K. donation opportunities in their golf shops, online and via social media throughout the month of October:
- Alhambra Golf Course in Alhambra, Calif.
- Antelope Hills Golf Courses in Prescott, Ariz.
- Arizona National Golf Club in Tucson, Ariz.
- Eagle Crest Golf Club in Escondido, Calif.
- El Conquistador Golf in Oro Valley, Ariz.
- Ka’anapali Golf Courses in Maui, Hawaii
- Lincoln Hills Golf Club in Lincoln, Calif.
- Mission Hills North in Rancho Mirage, Calif.
- Mohawk Park Golf in Tulsa, Okla.
- The Ocean Course at Hokuala in Kauai, Hawaii
- Page Belcher Golf in Tulsa, Okla.
- Pearl Country Club in Oahu, Hawaii
- Quarry Pines Golf Club in Tucson, Ariz.
- Stonetree Golf Club in Killeen, Texas
- The Ridge Golf Course in Auburn, Calif.
- The Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa in Rancho Mirage, Calif.
- Tri-Mountain Golf Course in Ridgefield Wash.
- Willowick Golf Course in Santa Ana, Calif.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Ariz., Troon is the world’s largest golf management company providing services at 590-plus locations around the globe, including managing 640-plus 18-hole equivalent golf courses. In addition to golf, Troon specializes in homeowner association management, private residence clubs, estate management and associated hospitality venues. Troon’s award-winning food and beverage division operates and manages 610-plus food and beverage operations located at golf resorts, private clubs, daily fee golf courses and recreational facilities. With properties located in 45-plus states and 30-plus countries, Troon’s family of brands includes Troon Golf, Troon Privé, Troon International, Honours Golf, OB Sports, Indigo Golf Partners, CADDIEMASTER, True Club Solutions, Cliff Drysdale Tennis and RealFood Hospitality, Strategy and Design. Troon-affiliated properties include Indian Wells Golf Resort in Indian Wells, California; Yas Links Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates; The Club at Savannah Harbor in Savannah, Georgia; and Lake of Isles in North Stonington, Connecticut. For additional news and information, visit www.Troon.com, or connect with Troon on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Troon Chronicles, Press Room, or subscribe to Troon Magazine.