Scottsdale, Ariz. (May 12, 2022) – Troon®, the leader in providing golf and club-related leisure and hospitality services, is pleased to introduce its first Food & Beverage Council. The Council is composed of nine food and beverage leaders from Troon-managed facilities who have demonstrated industry-leading expertise and the highest level of commitment to the company’s Mission, Vision and Values.
In addition to addressing current staffing challenges that exist in today’s market, the purpose of the Council is to promote innovative programs, systems, and procedures that are recognized within the hospitality industry. The diverse group of individuals represent both public and private facilities from across the United States and will serve on the Council for a minimum of one year and a maximum of two years. Members of the first Troon Food & Beverage Council are:
- John Cafarelli, General Manager and Executive Chef, Finkbine Golf Course in Iowa City, Iowa
- Jenna Cordova, Director of Food & Beverage, Papago Golf Club in Phoenix, Arizona
- Lindsey Krause, Director of Food & Beverage, The Clubs at St. James in Southport, North Carolina
- Pacifico Mata, Executive Chef, Marin Country Club in Novato, California
- Pamela Thompson, Director of Food & Beverage, The Club at Savannah Quarters in Pooler, Georgia
- Carolyn Torres, Executive Chef, The Peninsula Golf & Country Club in Millsboro, Delaware
- Kerrie Van Erp, Director of Food & Beverage, Cincinnati Recreation Commission Golf Courses in Cincinnati, Ohio
- Bill Weller, General Manager and Executive Chef, Colony West Golf Club in Tamarac, Florida
- Brett Young, Executive Chef, Contra Costa Country Club in Pleasant Hill, California
“As we strive for food and beverage excellence across our portfolio, members of the Food & Beverage Council will help the company solve industry and facility challenges,” said Ed Doyle, President of RealFood Hospitality, Strategy and Design, a Troon company. “Council members will also serve as role models and mentors as we continue to develop the next generation of food and beverage professionals.”
The Troon Food & Beverage Council’s mission is to leverage the talent within the field in order to cultivate a positive and inclusive culture with energy, poise, and authority. Achieved through cross-club collaboration, product testing, and innovative approaches to solving the industry’s needs – all designed to propel Troon F&B into the future of dining. The mission is supported by the core principles of: Building COMMUNITY, Raising AWARENESS, Improving RETENTION, Igniting ENTHUSIASM.
Troon and its affiliated brands manages more than 630 food and beverage operations at golf resorts, private clubs, daily-fee golf courses and recreational facilities. For more information on the Troon Food & Beverage Council, visit www.troon.com/fb-council.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Ariz., Troon is the world’s largest golf management company providing services at 630-plus locations around the globe, including managing 650-plus 18-hole equivalent golf courses. In addition to golf, Troon specializes in homeowner association management, private residence clubs, estate management and associated hospitality venues. Troon’s award-winning food and beverage division operates and manages 630-plus food and beverage operations located at golf resorts, private clubs, daily fee golf courses and recreational facilities. With properties located in 45-plus states and 30-plus countries, Troon’s family of brands includes Troon Golf, Troon Privé, Troon International, Indigo Sports, CADDIEMASTER, True Club Solutions, Cliff Drysdale Tennis, Peter Burwash International, Casa Verde Golf, and RealFood Hospitality, Strategy and Design. For additional news and information, visit www.Troon.com, or connect with Troon on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Troon Chronicles, Press Room, or subscribe to Troon Magazine.