TROON & TROON-AFFILIATED FACILITIES SUPPORTING 2022 PATRIOT GOLF DAYS
Scottsdale, Ariz. (May 26, 2022) – Troon® and many of its affiliated golf facilities across the country are proud to support the 16th annual Patriot Golf Days. Golfers playing Troon facilities over Memorial Day Weekend (May 27th – May 30th) will help to raise funds through various golf tournaments, golf marathons and on-course competitions. As part of the Patriot Golf Days initiative, donated funds will be split equally between Folds of Honor and PGA HOPE.
Patriot Golf Day began as a grassroots fundraising initiative over Labor Day Weekend in 2007, with golfers nationwide encouraged to add an extra dollar to their green fees to fund Folds of Honor scholarships. Over the years, the effort has grown to encompass a variety of fundraising events, tournaments and golf marathons led by PGA Professionals and golfers across the country. A few examples of Patriot Golf Day programs at Troon-affiliated facilities over this Memorial Day Weekend include:
- The Club at the Dunes in Naples, Florida will be donating a portion of revenue from food and beverage specials over the Memorial Day Weekend to the Patriot Golf Days initiative.
- The Club at Sea Palms in Saint Simons Island, Georgia will collect monetary donations during a Memorial Day event with closest-to-the-pin contests for guest rounds and shop credit.
- Kapalua Golf in Maui, Hawaii will hold a “Hit the Green Challenge” on the par-3, 15th hole of the Bay Course on Monday, May 30th. Golfers can donate any amount (up to $50), with funds directed toward the Patriot Golf Days initiative. Any guests who hits the green, doubles their money in golf shop credit.
- The Virginian Golf Club in Bristol, Virginia will have closest-to-the-pin contests on all par 3s throughout Memorial Day Weekend, with 50 percent of the pot going to Patriot Golf Days donations.
- World Golf Village in St. Augustine, Florida will host an all-day Flag Golf Game at their Slammer & Squire, and King & Bear courses on Monday, May 30th. For a $25 donation, participants will track their score throughout the round and plant their flag based on course par and their handicap. The person who gets the furthest and/or plants their flag on the back fringe of the 18th hole with the most remaining strokes wins prizes. Donations will be directed toward the Patriot Golf Days initiative.
- Westhaven Golf Club in Franklin, Tennessee will hold Patriot Golf Days fundraising efforts throughout Memorial Day Weekend. Fundraising activities begin on Friday, May 27th with a “Beat the Pro, Closest-to-the-Hole” competition for a chance to double winnings in golf shop credit. All entries in the “Beat the Pro” will be entered into a raffle for a prize drawing on Wednesday, June 1st. In addition, members will have an opportunity to purchase raffle tickets and make donations throughout the weekend. All fundraising efforts will end on Monday, May 30th with a “guess the number of golf balls” contest for an additional prize giveaway.
- Eagle Mountain Golf Club in Fountain Hills AZ will donate a portion of the proceeds to Folds of Honor for rounds played after 12pm May 28-30, 2022.
- Indian Wells Golf Resort in Indian Wells, CA we will be donating a portion of every full price round of golf to Folds of Honor over Patriot Golf Days, May 27 -30, 2022
Check with your local Troon-affiliated facility for additional Patriot Golf Days tournaments, promotions and on-course competitions.
About Folds of Honor
Folds of Honor is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization that provides educational scholarships to the spouses and children of military members who have fallen or been disabled while serving in the United States Armed Forces. Our educational scholarships support private school tuition or tutoring in grades K-12, as well as post-secondary tuition (two- or four-year college/university, technical or trade school). Since its inception in 2007, Folds of Honor has awarded over 35,000 scholarships totaling over $160 million in all 50 states. Among the students served, 41 percent are minorities. It is rated a four-star charity by Charity Navigator and Platinum on GuideStar. It was founded by Lt Col Dan Rooney, the only-ever F-16 fighter pilot and PGA Professional, who is currently stationed at Eglin AFB, Florida as a member of the 301st Fighter Squadron. For more information or to donate in support of a Folds of Honor scholarship visit foldsofhonor.org.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Ariz., Troon is the world’s largest golf management company providing services at 680-plus locations around the globe, including managing 665-plus 18-hole equivalent golf courses. In addition to golf, Troon specializes in homeowner association management, private residence clubs, estate management and associated hospitality venues. Troon’s award-winning food and beverage division operates and manages 630-plus food and beverage operations located at golf resorts, private clubs, daily fee golf courses and recreational facilities. With properties located in 45-plus states and 30-plus countries, Troon’s family of brands includes Troon Golf, Troon Privé, Troon International, Indigo Sports, CADDIEMASTER, True Club Solutions, Cliff Drysdale Tennis, Peter Burwash International, Casa Verde Golf, and RealFood Hospitality, Strategy and Design. For additional news and information, visit www.Troon.com, or connect with Troon on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Troon Chronicles, Press Room, or subscribe to Troon Magazine.