Troon Expands Caddie Services Program To 11 Affiliated Arizona Facilities
Following the successful launch of caddie programs in 2016 at six Phoenix/Scottsdale-area golf clubs (Boulders Resort & Spa, The Phoenician Golf Club, The Westin Kierland Golf Club, Troon North Golf Club, Whirlwind Golf Club at Wild Horse Pass and FireRock Country Club), Troon and CaddieMaster have expanded caddie programs to 11 daily-fee and private golf clubs throughout Arizona. For the 2017/2018 season, defined as November through April, forecaddies and/or caddies will be offered at the following Troon-affiliated facilities:
- Ak-Chin Southern Dunes Golf Club in Maricopa – daily fee
- Blackstone Country Club in Peoria – private
- Boulders Resort & Spa in Scottsdale – resort
- FireRock Country Club in Fountain Hills – private
- Lookout Mountain Golf Club at Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs in Phoenix – resort/daily fee
- The Phoenician Golf Club in Scottsdale – resort/daily fee
- Quintero Golf Club in Peoria – daily fee
- Troon North Golf Club in Scottsdale – daily fee
- The Westin Kierland Golf Club in Scottsdale – resort/daily fee
- Whirlwind Golf Club at Wild Horse Pass in Chandler – resort/daily fee
- Wickenburg Ranch Golf & Social Club in Wickenburg – semiprivate
While specific club offerings vary based upon course topography, general caddie services offer options of Forecaddies, and/or Single or Double Bag Carry Caddie.
“The caddie services were very well received and utilized by guests during the 2016/2017 golf season,” said Mike Ryan, executive vice president and COO, Troon. “Caddies provide an additional level of service and enhance the overall golf experience for members and guests. We’re thrilled to expand the caddie option offering at many top public and private clubs in Arizona.”
A caddie’s primary job is to help golfers navigate the golf course, but caddies also assist with speed of play, improve course conditions by replacing or filling-in divots, properly fixing ball marks on greens and raking bunkers. Caddies are also ambassadors for the golf properties and for the destination, spending four-plus hours with guests and offering suggestions on restaurants, shopping, spas and more.
When booking a tee time at least 48 hours in advance, guests can choose the following caddie options:
- Forecaddie – Forecaddies will be positioned ahead of the group and will track shots for each player in the group. Forecaddies will also offer advice on how to play the course and help players select the proper target lines. When appropriate, forecaddies will also care for the course, raking bunkers, replacing divots when necessary, tending flag sticks, cleaning balls and clubs, and help golfers manage the course.
- Double Bag Caddie – Double Bag Caddies will work with two golfers in the group and will describe the best play for each hole, assist with yardages, rake bunkers, replace divots, help around the greens, tend the pin and perform any other duties required.
- Single Bag Caddie – A Single Bag Caddie will work with a single golfer and will describe the best play for each hole, assist with yardages, rake bunkers, replace divots, help around the greens, tend the pin and perform any other duties required.
Caddie services range from $30 per player for a forecaddie to $100 per player for a Single Bag Carry Caddie. The recommended gratuity is $20 and up per player for forecaddies and $30 and up for walking caddies.