Making Golf A Family Event: 5 Reasons To Play Golf With Your Kids
Posted on April 5, 2010
In an effort to make the game more accessible to junior golfers and their families, Troon Golf is partnering with Callaway to launch the new Troon Family Golfprogram at participating facilities throughout the United States.
The program allows juniors to play for free after 3 p.m. at more than 60 Troon Golf facilities when playing with a paying adult. Each junior also receives complimentary Callaway rental clubs to use during their round. The offer is that simple and is available 365 days a year.
It’s obvious that for many parents, their busy schedules seem to be pulling them in every direction. Weekends can often become more about shuttling kids between soccer games and dance recitals than spending time together. So, in the spirit of turning your “Super Shuttle Weekends” back into quality time as a family, here are:
5 Reasons to Play Golf with Your Kids
1. A round of golf means hours of quality time together.
2. It gets everyone outdoors and away from video games, TV and cell phones.
3. Golf provides an opportunity to teach kids many of life’s lessons like honesty, commitment & integrity through the rules and etiquette of the game.
4. It introduces kids to a game they can play their entire life.
5. Golf is healthy. Walking an 18-hole golf course is equivalent to walking over 3.5 miles.
Maybe you have your own reasons for encouraging kids to join their parents and play golf. Feel free to leave us a comment to let us know what you think.
Book your next round as a family by contacting your favorite Troon Golf facility or calling 1.888.TROON U.S. and mentioning the Troon Family Golf program. The offer is based on availability and juniors are defined as golfers 15 years of age and under.