Scottsdale, Ariz. – Seventeen Troon-affiliated facilities were recently named 2017 Platinum Award winners by the Association of Golf Merchandisers (AGM). The AGM is an international, professional association of golf-related merchandisers and vendors headquartered in Phoenix, Ariz. The AGM’s Platinum Awards recognize premier golf shops from the private, public, resort and off-course sectors.
“AGM Platinum Awards are the pinnacle of retail awards in the golf merchandising industry,” said Kristen Goulet, director retail operations, Troon. “To have 17 Troon properties recognized by the AGM speaks volumes about the teams we have in place on-site and regionally. They work tirelessly day-in and day-out to create exceptional customer experiences.”
Troon Golf and Troon Privé facilities named AGM Platinum Award winners include:
- Ak-Chin Southern Dunes in Maricopa, Ariz.
- Audubon Country Club in Naples, Fla.
- BallenIsles Country Club in Palm Beach Gardens, Fla.
- Bear Trap Dunes Golf Club in Ocean View, Del.
- Classic Club in Palm Desert, Calif.
- Colonial Country Club in Fort Myers, Fla.
- Fieldstone Golf Club in Greenville, Del.
- Indian Wells Golf Resort in Indian Wells, Calif.
- Kapalua Bay in Maui, Hawaii
- Kapalua Plantation in Maui, Hawaii
- Maderas Golf Club in San Diego, Calif.
- Manchester Country Club in Bedford, N.H.
- Potomac Shores Golf Club in Potomac Shores, Va.
- Stockton Seaview Hotels and Golf Club in Galloway Township, N.J.
- The Palmer Course at La Cantera in San Antonio, Texas
- The Phoenician Golf Club in Scottsdale, Ariz.
- Troon North Golf Club in Scottsdale, Ariz.
All winners will be recognized during the AGM’s Annual Retail Conference in Orlando, Fla. on Tuesday, January 24th. To be considered for a Platinum Award, courses were invited to submit golf shop nominations. Entries were then judged by an impartial panel on a number of categories, including customer satisfaction initiatives, creative use of space, inventory control practices, revenue-generating initiatives, promotions and visual displays.
In addition to golf course retail operations, Troon also operates tennis, fitness, resort and marina retail outlets across the globe. Troon’s national purchasing programs enable owners to receive the benefit of group buying power on hundreds of retail items.
About The AGM
Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona and founded in 1989, the AGM is an international, professional association whose members include golf professionals, buyers, club managers, owners and suppliers to the golf industry. The AGM is a 501 (C) 3 not-for-profit corporation with a mission of education and it strives to educate golf professionals and buyers, elevate the golf merchandising profession, and enhance communication between buyers and vendor partners. For more information on the AGM, visit www.agmgolf.org.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Ariz., Troon is the world’s largest golf management company, with more than 270 golf courses in its portfolio. Also specializing in homeowner association management, private residence clubs, estate management and associated hospitality venues, the company oversees operations at Troon Golf®, Honours Golf, Troon Privé (the private club operating division of Troon) and Troon International properties located in 38 states and 31 countries Additionally, there are 56 Troon affiliated properties featuring 75 courses that have been recipients of a “Top 100” ranking by national and international publications. Troon properties include Princeville Makai Golf Club, Kauai, Hawaii; Centurion Club, London, England; The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa, Tucson, Ariz.; The Bay Club, Berlin, Md.; Prince’s Golf Club, Sandwich, England; and CostaBaja Golf Club, in La Paz, Mexico.