Birmingham, Ala. (September 10, 2021) – The World Golf Village Resort in St. Augustine, Fla.; Highland Park Golf Course in Birmingham, Ala.; Craft Farms Golf Resort and Peninsula Golf & Racquet Club in Gulf Shores, Ala. are all raising funds for ovarian cancer research throughout the month of September. Funds will benefit UAB Research for Ovarian Cancer and the Laura Crandall Brown Foundation.
All four golf facilities are managed by Honours Golf, a division of Troon. Honours Golf Founder Bob Barrett’s wife Babs has been courageously battling ovarian cancer since 2018. The charities benefiting from the donations have been instrumental in her journey. Golfers and non-golfers alike can “Battle for Babs” and help raise funds for the charities in a variety of ways, including:
World Golf Village:
- Golf TEAL Dark – During the month of September you can play golf after 4:30 p.m. for only $25 and 100% of the proceeds will go to ovarian cancer research.
- TEALs Good to Donate – There are donation boxes with signage located in each golf shop and restaurant for patrons to simply offer flat donations.
- The TEALtini Cocktail – Patrons can purchase a special teal colored cocktail from the World Golf Village restaurants and beverage carts for $10 each with proceeds going to ovarian cancer research.
- World Golf Village will also have ovarian cancer awareness messaging throughout the property, including special teal golf flags on 9 and 18 greens, as well as staff wearing silicon bracelets and ribbons every day.
- An online raffle is being held to raise funds for ovarian cancer research. For a $20 donation, you’ll be entered to win one of three grand prizes, including a Highland Park Golf Course membership, a golf staycation at Ross Bridge and an ultimate YETI package.
Craft Farms and Peninsula:
- Locals play either Craft Farms Golf Resort or Peninsula Golf & Racquet Club for $50 on any Sunday in September. This special is the perfect opportunity to play the two premiere golf courses with all proceeds donated to charity.
- Craft Farms and Peninsula are also holding a raffle for a golf trip to World Golf Village in St. Augustine, Florida for the winner. Raffle tickets may be purchased for $20 from the golf shops and all proceeds will be donated to charity. This golf getaway includes a two-night stay at the Renaissance St. Augustine Resort, and two foursomes of golf at King & Bear and Slammer & Squire at World Golf Village. A winner will be drawn on September 30, 2021.
- Guests at Craft Farms and Peninsula may also purchase a signature teal cocktail for a $12 donation. The refreshing and delicious beverage is made with Titos Vodka and Blue Curacao. Beverages can be purchased during a golf round from the beverage cart or after in the bar.
- Craft Farms and Peninsula are also taking donations online at https://bit.ly/BattleForBabs. This secure website makes donating easy.
One in 78 women will face ovarian cancer in their lifetime, with more than 22,000 diagnosed annually, and only 15% of cases are diagnosed early. Less than half of the women diagnosed this year will be alive in five years. Research is so important because there is currently no reliable early detection test to screen for ovarian cancer. Additionally, symptoms can be vague and easily attributed to other causes, which increases the likelihood that women will experience a misdiagnosis or late diagnosis.
About Honours Golf
Headquartered in Birmingham, AL, Honours Golf was founded on a vision to provide award-winning golf courses with unparalleled course conditions, hire dedicated team members who share a passion for golf, and deliver impeccable personalized service. As a result, Honours Golf has grown to become the Southeast’s leading golf course development and management company. In 2014, Honours was acquired by Troon and operates as a subsidiary of the global brand. Honours currently operates 23 award-winning daily fee, resort and private club facilities including the King & Bear at World Golf Village Resort in St. Augustine, Fla.; Reunion Golf & Country Club in Madison, Miss., Craft Farms Golf Resort and Peninsula Golf & Racquet Club in Gulf Shores. For more information on Troon’s Honours Golf Division, visit www.honoursgolf.com.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Ariz., Troon is the world’s largest golf management company providing services at 590-plus locations around the globe, including managing 640-plus 18-hole equivalent golf courses. In addition to golf, Troon specializes in homeowner association management, private residence clubs, estate management and associated hospitality venues. Troon’s award-winning food and beverage division operates and manages 610-plus food and beverage operations located at golf resorts, private clubs, daily fee golf courses and recreational facilities. With properties located in 45-plus states and 30-plus countries, Troon’s family of brands includes Troon Golf, Troon Privé, Troon International, Honours Golf, OB Sports, Indigo Golf Partners, CADDIEMASTER, True Club Solutions, Cliff Drysdale Tennis and RealFood Hospitality, Strategy and Design. Troon-affiliated properties include Indian Wells Golf Resort in Indian Wells, California; Yas Links Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates; The Club at Savannah Harbor in Savannah, Georgia; and Lake of Isles in North Stonington, Connecticut. For additional news and information, visit www.Troon.com, or connect with Troon on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Troon Chronicles, Press Room, or subscribe to Troon Magazine.